Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Toll diary - The Prologue

When I first know Eckhart Tolle three months ago, the excitement is quite the same as when I found a reason to be obsessed with, a sort of new type of diet, and aha moment: you're doing it wrong all this time!

And quite as much as the hype that I quickly dismissed many times before, once I move on from his book and video lectures, things quiet down too. I remember "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" - how right it was but fast forward, fading and forgotten.

But
Maybe this time it lingers. Only comes in ripples. The wave broke down, things quiet down, then restart and another batch.

Funny Story
When I still reading his books, something tragic happened to me. Somebody managed to duplicate my ATM card and withdraw all the money from my account. I was hugely under Tolle's influence, almost like hypnotic maybe. So I try to do things probably, like he would do it. 
It was tragic because that is all my emergency fund for months long out-of-the-job period. Oh, the poetic of it. 
But instead venting around with people I sat myself down and meditating for the robber. "I hope the money is enough for you, you can use it, as I probably not these coming months" 
The sound that I later found is my pain body  told me to go hard with the bank, writing complaint letter on the newspaper. But there's serenity encouraged me to be passive and focus on other things. 
The first bank officer wasn't helping at all, indicating suspicions on me. The second bank officer of another branch is so empathetic. Both of the situations, I tried not to bring the usual temper out of me.

And not even 10 days the money is back, the bank give me refund.  

The inclination to "test" the effectiveness of Tolle's book, or any other book I read is high. Now, three months after my first encounter with his concept, I let the word from it dispersed and making the experience my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment