Monday, August 31, 2015

Second - Soothing Inflammation

I have very sensitive skin, due to very sensitive gut. I know I have to eliminate gluten and caffeine but with meetings I attend this week, it felt really troubling to be picky in front of others. I am normally bloated after caffeine, and there was day when I took two cups. Spicy food and sweet dessert. So acne flare! Woww! 

So I ditch hot chocolate and grilled cheese mornings. Take probiotics (9-10 billion CFU) and double up omega3 oil intake to 1200 mg. Monitor my 2L per day water intake. Swap caffeines at cafe meetings with chamomile tea. Avoiding gluten and dairy. In the morning I eat my papaya first (it contains digestive enzyme), take one slab of it and slather it to my face, leave it until I wash it in my morning bath. And  It's better now, not my best but I'll coverrrrr with make up. Hiks!

When I think about homemade dish to ease up my bloatings, I would say my Mom's simple clear chicken soup. Veggies stir-fry is my second, but I am cooking in communal kitchen, and this is more convenient to cook and store. Why not buy? Cause all the MSG Indonesians cook with will not make my stomach any better! So this is it:


Oil:
VCO or EVOO.

Protein:
Chicken fillet & egg.

Veggies:
Pick two of these - Carrot; Broccoli;Cauliflower; Napa cabbage; Mini Corn; French beans
My rule is to pick two different colors.

Ingredients:
Garlic + Chopped raw shallot.
Ginger and anything heating like pepper don't do good to my stomach.

Sauce:
Thai Fish sauce. Works as salt too
Honey
Apple Cider Vinegar
Three of them in 1:1:1 proportion

How:
Protein first, then veggies, garlic, and sauce.
These days I would chopped all the stuff I need and organize it the refrigerator for easy use.
I could eat it for days and cook it three times a day it's so good!


 

1 comment:

  1. Aha, VCO, it si good for our tummy and our skin also. Keep up the healthy lifestyle :)

    ReplyDelete