Saturday, August 27, 2016

Ubud in 2016

A well deserved holiday after finishing a project, I took it easy and not planning for busy days.
I deliberately skip Balinese beach and opt for a more quiet and artsy Ubud.
Campuhan ridge walk is very beautiful. Rainy campuhan is even more. The pavings are on a plateau, the view is amazing.




























































I took a tour to Green Village. The owner, John Hardy is Norwegian architect focusing in bamboo building and furnitures. The villa overlooking Ayung River is exquisite, not sure I want to stay there though. The welcome area comprises of three detached building and a pool. It is so serene. I also went to see their bamboo factory and made friends with some girl, who astonishingly mention 'wabi-sabi' to our tour guide. Not many people know what it means. We share taxi back to ubud center and talked a lot.














































Can't quite remember the name of this villa. It has three bedrooms, all open to the river. Romantic with its open-air bath and shower. The bed with its canopy protects from mosquito.

I stayed at Wapa di Ume. I love it very much. The villa has private pool, another reason just to lounge with cup of tea and book. The color palette is of yellow mediterranean. Yoga session was splendid. I carefully pick vegetarian food during my stay in Ubud. Afterall belly could use some relaxation too.








I took an impulsive private guided tour provided by the resort to Tegallalang rice paddy field, and Tegunungan waterfall. The latter is quite disappointing. Dont go there. Tegallalang worth visiting, once is enough I believe.

















No comments:

Post a Comment